Welcome to Fairlight Kontakt R3. This sound library has taken us years to develop and it will be a lifetime’s worth of musical resources if you decide to bring it to your studio. You can browse for patches endlessly and it is like having your own fully loaded Fairlight / Synclavier system, without having to worry about that electrical bill or that support technician travelling from the other side of the world, at your expense. This library is so easy to maintain, that all you will need is a little hard disk space, a couple of GBs is enough, and some backup routine. But we won’t leave you in the dark if you ever happen to lose it.
Fairlight Kontakt R3 includes:
• All of the famous sounds from the complete and utterly classic Fairlight IIx sampling system, with loads of spices from Synclavier and a fully equipped pro synth studio in one amazing package. Inspiration in heavy doses for sure. How about JX8P, D-50, Linndrum? They’re all right here waiting for you. Moog Prodigy basses? Anything for you, ready and waiting. If you love to tweak, Kontakt gives you endless possibilities there too. You are not limited to what we already programmed. You can save your patches, with your own names, and the sample data will be included. You will never have to worry about where to put things on disk; no EXS 24 nightmares with Kontakt.
• Everything from our Kontakt sample pack collection Lost In The Fairlight Maze. Cleverly sorted and arranged so that those banks are found easily; they’re at the absolute top of the file hierarchy. Each one of those 13 (thirteen!) banks is like a complete sound library of its own. Imagine having five Roland JV-2080s and eight different expansion cards in each of them. That’s about how many sounds you’ll get here.
• This is our largest Kontakt library by far, and it is made for Kontakt 5.3 and up. You will be needing the full version of Kontakt and it has to be updated to at least 5.3. Just to be clear.
• Included is close to 2,000 patches, about 2 Gb of data, around 5,000 individual samples.
$199 $99 USD right now!
Philosophy behind the library: How we see the Fairlight. We remember how the Fairlight CMI was used back in the 80s: It wasn’t the final word on synthesis and sampling. It was surrounded by other fine keyboards, high end effects, sampling tools, amazing drum machines. That is why we located, bought, programmed and sampled those as well. Our libraries are not “just” Fairlight libraries. They go way beyond that.
1. Again, you will find all of the banks from Lost In The Fairlight Maze, please go to that page for further info on those banks as well as individual demo tracks.
2. Remaining banks unique to Fairlight Kontakt R3: Acoustic, Analog, Bass, Brass, Casio VZ, Chasing Fairs / D-50, Choir, CMI Patches (sorted into these types: Bass, Bells, CMI Processing, Drums, Effects, Flutes, Guitars, Keys, Mallets, Organs, Strings, Used by Vince Clarke & Yazoo, Voices), Drum kits, DX patches, Effects, EII Enigma, Ensoniq SQ-80, Fairlight various, Flutes, Guitars, JX Patches, Leads, Moog, MS20, Oberheim Synths, Orchestra Hits, Organs, Pads etc, Pianoz, PPG, Sararr, SH-101, Strings, Swanee, Sync, Synclavier, Synth bass patches, Synth bells, Synthshot, Technics SX-250, Trambass, Waveseq / Wavestation, Woodwindz and finally Xylos / Mallets.
Time to be amazed
Rest assured this library is good for any style of music, from hip hop to Art Of Noise-inspired experiments to dubstep, house, techno, jazz, rock, film / movie work etc. Sounds shouldn’t be sorted to style; they should be inspiring for makers of all musical styles.
This PDF is a little tiny (not!) document listing all the patches & links to demos etc.
Price right now: $99 USD. Order. Normal price $199. The delivery is instant and you simply download it & place it where you want to have your sounds. They will work all the time and you never have to worry about where to place things locally. Just start Logic, Protools, Reason or any DAW of choice, start Kontakt and browse to the location you decided. Be prepared to play some truly stunning sounds.